Once you have registered for a specific week for an on-site program, it is good to schedule your travel and lodging arrangements as soon as possible. We will be happy to assist you with your questions.
As part of the Charlotte metro region, Davidson is closely accessible from Interstate highways I-77, I-85, and I-485. The Charlotte-Douglas International Airport, serving all major airlines, is a 25-30 minute drive to Davidson. Clients have found the rates to Charlotte very affordable from throughout the nation.
As the program begins early Monday morning, clients have found it helpful to arrive Sunday evening. For convenience, it is best to research and book your flight as well as rental car at least two weeks prior to your arrival. It may be preferable to have your own transportation to explore the Charlotte-Metro offerings, cultural or sporting events, and evening shopping or dining. The Centre is located conveniently off of I-77, exit 30, on Lake Davidson. Downtown Davidson is a one mile drive from the office space, however there are several restaurants within a close walk.
Maps & Directions
- Take I-85 Exit 55 (Concord – Huntersville Sign) onto NC-73 West toward Huntersville and Davidson.
- Follow the NC-73 (West) after exiting I-85. Jog to the right at 8.4 miles, follow the Davidson signs, and drive through town until you reach the intersection at Main Street. Turn right, then make a left onto Griffith Street and turn onto Harbour Place on the second traffic circle.
- Take I-77 Exit 30 (Davidson – Davidson College Sign).
- Turn East onto Griffith Street and take the first traffic circle to Harbour Place toward Lake Davidson.
There are numerous hotels, inns, and Airbnb’s within a brief driving distance of DCP. Sometimes traffic is heavy on I-77 if you are staying out of Davidson proper, keep in mind as you make reservations. Arrangements have been made with several of these to receive guests at reduced rates. Please tell the reservation clerk you are with Davidson Clergy Center to receive the discount rates.
- AirBnB Beaty Street (research online, within walking distance .5 mile)
- Carnegie Guest House (Davidson College Campus) 704.894.2127, Breakfast included, $120/night, within walking distance .7 mile
- Comfort Inn & Suites, Cornelius, NC, 704.896.7622, Breakfast included, $89/night, 2.5 miles from DCP
- Davidson Village Inn, 117 Depot St., Downtown Davidson, 1.800.892.0796, Breakfast included, $130/night, within walking distance .7 mile
- The Lacy Dick Residence, Lacy’s residential home in heart of Davidson, 704.892.7710, Breakfast available in kitchen, $50/night, approximately 2 miles. A favorite of participants, and a great value!
- Hampton Inn & Suites, Cornelius, NC, 704.892.9900, Breakfast included ask for rates, 3.0 miles from DCP
- Homewood Suites by Hilton in Davidson 704.987.1818, Breakfast and light dinner available, $127/night, .2 miles (short walk), a great option for area conveniences and proximity to office.
Air Travel & Ground Transportation Services
Finding a flight to the Charlotte-Douglas International Airport is convenient from throughout the country. It hosts all major airlines. Upon arrival, if renting a car, follow directions to either I-485 or I-77 north toward Statesville. If you are traveling by air, it is best to plan to arrive on the Sunday before the program begins on Monday.
For those flying into Charlotte Douglas Airport (CLT), Natuliz Executive Transportation is available for shuttle to your place of lodging with a reservation.
- The cost of the airport shuttle is $50.00 and is available 24 hrs. (be sure to make reservations using “The Davidson Centre” name, this is less than their normal rate).
- In addition, Natuliz can provide shuttles with advance notice while at the Centre.
- Special arrangements can be made so clients may use third party payments.
- Ray Millet
Natuliz Executive Transportation